[Home] [Quaker Meetings in the Lower Shenandoah Valley and elsewhere]

Providence and Tuscarora Meeting


View Larger Map
(Preparatory of Hopewell MM)
(Baltimore YM)
Off of County Route 15
Martinsburg, WV 25403
(Laid down)


Burial grounds

Memorial sign

Sign showing Tuscarora village name

PROVIDENCE QUAKER
CEMETERY

ESTABLISHED IN 1738 BY MEMBERS OF
THE HOPEWELL FRIENDS ON LAND
OWNED BY RICHARD BEESON II. THE
ORIGINAL STONE WALL AROUND THE
CEMETERY WAS BUILT IN 1822 AND
REBUILT IN 1999.

ERECTED BY
THE BERKELEY COUNTY HISTORIC LANDMARKS COMMISSION 1999.

[Previous page] [Next page]

1997 steer_family@hotmail.com