Rockland Art and Craft Shop
(Formerly The Rockland School)
Rockland School House building
This land was given by Dr. A.C. Bryne and wife Eveline for furthering of education. It is of the same plot deeded to Rockland Baptist Church for a house of worship. This piece of land had 0.7599 acre in it. It was deeded in 1880. Just behind this property was the Woodman Hall. The church had been using the school building for Sunday School classes since the close of the school. The Rockland Community Church Trustees bought the school property at public auction on August 30, 1970. It now houses the Rockland Arts and Craft Shop which the ladies of the church open in early April and close around Christmas time. They are open Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
A book about the old Rockland School was published back in 1995 and sold at the shop entitled:
(Webmaster's note: At present there are copies of this book still for sale.)
© 1997 email@example.com