Land deeded by Mr. C.E. and Etta McKay consisting of (2) acres for burial plots. September 25, 1892.
This parcel of land was part of the farm later bought by the Simpson family and named "Twin Acres". Elizabeth and Billy Powers now own the farm.
The cemetery was incorporated under the jurisdiction of the Rockland Community Church on April 19, 1949. The appointed cemetery trustees sell the burial plots and maintain perpetual care of them. Each year the fourth Sunday in May Memorial Day services are held in the cemetery. Friends and relatives from out of town and members of the community return to pay respect to love ones.
© 1997 email@example.com